named Wierdness

Hi all,

I just installed FC1 on a backup mailserver straight from the ISOs.

This system was originally running RH7.3. When I did the install,
I completely blew away the partitions and installed from scratch.

After the install, I updated all the packages. My systems shows that
it is up to date.

This system is also a backup nameserver. I copied the zone db files
we use from a 7.3 system and brought named up. Everything seems
to resolve ok.

However, named messages in /var/log/messages are time
stamped 3 hours ahead of the time the system is set to.

Also, I noticed a chroot directory in the /var/named directory.
Actually I had to put the db file in /var/named/chroot/var/named
to get named to work. There is also another chroot directory
in that directory as well so that:

/var/named/chroot/var/named/chroot/var/named

exists.

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

TIA,

Mike