Re: RH9 to Core 1

You are right Steve. Sorry for being so vague.

I will have to compile a list to be more exact, but since I just put it on last night my first impressions were that some of my 'stuff' didn't work right off. For example, one of my IRC applications didn't come up anymore. I haven't investigated why, but I am sure it can be resolved. There is no sound when KDE comes up but maybe that is because there is not meant to be any in this release??
I do have sound though, as I played some music (on a CD) and that worked fine. I did read however, that others had problems with their sound. Also it scattered my icons all over the desktop which was unusual but that can be fixed. And I guess I can go on. But all in all, while Fedora installed just fine, it didn't hit me the right way. Maybe Core 3 will look prettier? I don't know but we do have to move on.

So, all in alll I guess I really don't have a complaint. Other than my first impressions, I guess I can get over that. But RH9 was really pretty and nice, plus it did everything I wanted.. Too bad WE had to move..

At 12:20 PM 4/30/2004 +0100, you wrote:
Around 12:08pm on Friday, April 30, 2004 (UK time), Ted Gervais scrawled:

> I just upgraded ?  to Fedora Core 1.  Why is it not as nice as RH9?
>
> RH9 had everything one would want, or at least I was happy with it.  But
> because of the support for it disappearing on April 30th I decided to move
> to Fedora as others have.

Perhaps you could be a little more specific than "Why it is not as nice
as RH9?".  As it stands, your question is no easier to answer than "Why
isn't Ted Gervais as nice as those who voluntarily contribute to Fedora,
or those who appreciate what a fantastic OS they get for free?".

Cheers

Steve

--

(o<     www.stevesearle.com