Re: Problems with Mozilla Crashing

Robin Laing wrote:
John Nichel wrote:

Hi,

I've searched the archives and found quite a few people are having problems with Mozilla and Fedora 1. I tried all the suggestions that I found: installed M$'s TTF fonts, uninstalled/reinstalled the ttfonts-ja package, created a new profile from scratch, etc. and still no go. I've tried these steps both with the RPM version (1.4) and the latest download from Mozilla (1.6), but Mozilla will still just 'exit' with no warning, and no error messages. Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA

If it is site dependent, check for a problem with fonts.

I had this problem when accessing certain sites and found that there was a font problem and makeing a link fixed all my crashes.

There was no zysong.ttf font on my system and creating a link from zysnog.ttf > gbsn001p.ttf stopped 99.9% of my crashes.

This is in the following directory.
/usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType

There is a bug report on the RedHat site about this and is where I found it.

Here is a RedHat link to the problem.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-November/msg04215.html

-- Robin Laing Instrumentation Technologist Voice: 1.403.544.4762 Military Engineering Section FAX: 1.403.544.4704 Defence R&D Canada - Suffield Email: Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PO Box 4000, Station Main WWW:http://www.suffield.drdc-rddc.gc.ca Medicine Hat, AB, T1A 8K6 Canada