Re: Problems with Mozilla Crashing

John Nichel wrote:

Hi,

I've searched the archives and found quite a few people are having problems with Mozilla and Fedora 1. I tried all the suggestions that I found: installed M$'s TTF fonts, uninstalled/reinstalled the ttfonts-ja package, created a new profile from scratch, etc. and still no go. I've tried these steps both with the RPM version (1.4) and the latest download from Mozilla (1.6), but Mozilla will still just 'exit' with no warning, and no error messages. Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA

I have same/similar problem that appears to be related to CJK fonts. Whenever I receive mail with some CJK characters, mozilla abrubtly terminates. (One of this list's poster's, D L, has some characters in his sig, and when I receive a post from him, mozilla blows off. I've had to filter out his posts.)

The curious thing is that I have a laptop with basically the same installation and it doesn't have this problem. I haven't figured out what the difference is, but I have tried installing updated CJK fonts without any success of fixing the problem.

I also did an intensive Google search to find a solution and came up empty.

Fred