Re: recommending reiserfs?

Florin Andrei wrote:

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 21:16, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:

In my first experience working with MySQL, we were recommended
to format that particular partition to Reiser for performance
reasons. That's just my initial experience and I had to setup
four servers so far, will keep you posted...

_In_theory_, for that type of workload (reading/writing fast to/from large files), probably XFS is best.

But that's just the theory; you have to run benchmarks in your
particular case and see what happens.

Looks like it isnt only theory... And it also works fine on small files... Lots of people on the official postfix users list have recommended the usage of XFS on mailservers that use the maildir format. According to them , the performance gain is substancial..

--
Pedro Macedo