Re: recommending reiserfs?

I am using ReiserFS for years now and the only near data loss situation
I have experienced was my lilo.message file becoming unreadable due to a
bug in the new unpack tail ioctl(). But even then Hans' team provided me
with excellent support and I regained access to this file using the 2.3
linux development kernel where that bug had already been fixed.

I would however never trust my important data to any file system nor any
disk drive without having a backup. Additionally you should not blame
the file system for your broken hardware especially when your disk drive
lies about data having been written when it is lost from the write back
cache on power failure.

Regards
Tom