Re: converting user to linux

Ron Goulard wrote:

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 12:40, neil wrote:

There's a good howto on linux laptop power saving here: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Laptop-HOWTO-19.html#ss19.7

Turning off file update time stamps can be usefull too. Just can't remember how at this moment.

I'll check that out since I was looking more specifically at acpi
related stuff.

If it's the atime that you meant, I've already done that.  Just change
the fstab entry for the partition in question from 'defaults' to
'noatime' and either 'mount -o remount /$partition' or reboot.  Saves a
little bit of drive access.

Ron

I think that for the little bit of drive access you save, you give up the ability to do some scanning tracking of what is going on on your machine.. your choice. ;-)