Re: Samba fstab

I tried running "sudo chmod -s /usr/bin/smbmount /usr/bin/smbumount"

now mount reports:

libsmb based programs must *NOT* be setuid root.
4067: Connection to TK-MARKETING failed
SMB connection failed

So, again how would I set the /etc/fstab so that a user can mount the SMB share?

Adam T. Gautier wrote:

I am trying to add a line /etc/fstab that is a Samba mount of a windows share.

/etc/fstab
//192.168.2.101/movies /mnt/movies smbfs noauto,user,username=guest,password=password 0 0
(All on one line, can't help the line wrap in email)

sudo mount /mnt/movies works fine but when I right click in the Gnome desktop or try to do the mount as a regular user I get:

smbmnt must be installed suid root for direct user mounts (500,500)
smbmnt failed: 1

How do I fix this so I can do smb mounts as a user? Would't setuid be a big security hole? I can mount a cdrom as a user no problem, does this us setuid?

Thanks