Re: Problem with Fedora1 and ipop3d

Tim Alberts wrote:
On Thursday 22 April 2004 15:33, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

I think you are correct. The first message I posted seems to be an imap message. Which leaves me with the following questions:

Why is an IMAPmessage getting written with no IMAP service running?
Why after it gets written does email randomly dissappear?
Why does the SystemLogger keep telling me /var/spool/mail folder has to have access 777?

Sorry, I came into this converstation a bit late.

I believe that you are actually being told to chmod the directory to 1777. This sets the sticky bit on the directory.

I know that courier (an MTA) wants the mail spool set this way, I'm not sure about any other MTA's. It actually makes sense.

edge