Re: Problem with Fedora1 and ipop3d

At 05:51 PM 4/22/2004, you wrote:
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:41:46 -0700
From: Tim Alberts <talberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problem with Fedora1 and ipop3d
To: Alexander Dalloz <alexander.dalloz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,       For users of
        Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>,  Rick Stevens
        <rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"directly editing or accessing the $user mbox file in the spool using an
editor IS BAD and nothing you should do!"

I think you may have found the problem.  I do not edit the
/var/spool/mail/user files, however, I do delete and move them from system to
system (changing file permissions along the way to match what they were).

Is this my error?

No. Deleting user files in /var/spool/mail does nothing but delete the mail file. As soon as new mail arrives a new user file is created by sendmail, postfix, etc. I've never tried moving from system to system, tho.

Paul

---