Re: How to migrate mail server from Notes R5 to FC1 Smtp

I don't know very well, but you can try it from different ways...

Once can be export/import:

Every client can export is nsf mailbox as cvs or structured txt file, then
you can import this files to another type of mailbox. If you write good
lotus scripts, you can do it for all users/carpets automatically.

Another one:

Startup the pop3 daemon in the Lotus Notes Server, retrieve the mail using
pop3 protocol...

It's very importat to know what will be the destination ( maildir, mailbox,
propietary mail database... ? )

Regards

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!

|---------+--------------------------------->
|         |           yavorsky gaetan       |
|         |           <gaetan.yavorsky@easy-|
|         |           france.com>           |
|         |           Enviado por:          |
|         |           fedora-list-bounces@re|
|         |           dhat.com              |
|         |                                 |
|         |                                 |
|         |           22/04/2004 16:11      |
|         |           Por favor, responda a |
|         |           For users of Fedora   |
|         |           Core releases         |
|         |                                 |
|---------+--------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>                                                    |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   How to migrate mail server from Notes R5 to FC1 Smtp                                                          |

Hi,
I have a remote Lotus Notes server and about 40 mail boxes to migrate to
a new FC1 server.
Of course, creating and managing users with FC1 is not a problem, but
the trick is that I need to keep history for the Notes users.
Did somebody already do this ?
What can I use to transfert old mails to the new FC1 server ?
Gaetan.