Re: Info about Radeon cards

On 04/22/2004 09:20 AM, Emiliano Brunetti wrote:

Hi!

Is anybody using a SAPPHIRE RADEON 7000 video card or a SAPPHIRE RADEON
9200SE 128MB? I must replace my old MGA 200 and i could get on of those
for a very few money, but i wonder if they do well with fedora.

The most important thing is to be able to use Svideo out for Divx
playing. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have an ATI Radeon 9200SE, which is probably either exactly or nearly the same thing (I admit I know nothing about this "Sapphire," but it must be a re-branded ATI Radeon). Although I have only 64Mb on mine. It works fine out of the box on FC1.

A colleague of mine has the same card, and had trouble getting X to start properly, but it was a different monitor, and that was the problem--the Radeon was identified properly. Always amazes me that the monitor can cause so much trouble.