Re: Modem light's won't show traffic

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 04:47:51PM -0300, Mariano Draghi wrote:

Hi,
I'd like to know how to setup the modemlights applet and/or ifup|ifdown scripts so an _ordinary_ user (i.e. not root) can have the traffic shown in the applet.

What I would do is make ifup and ifdown SUID root. That works for me.

Sorry, It doesn't make any difference.
Please, note that I CAN start up / shutdown de interface as a normal user, the problem is that the lights don't flash, and the traffic is not shown.
I was googling for a while, and I've found plenty of suggestions about seting the correct LCK.. file, suid ifup/ifdown, etc., but all of them have to do with the hability to start/stop the service, which works absolutely fine for me.

Thanks!

--
Mariano