RE: FC1 on Intel 440GX

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Taylor, ForrestX
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 3:44 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: RE: FC1 on Intel 440GX

OK, the 440GX Boot CD gets me to the point of install, however now I run
into an interesting problem, I want to use the currently existing
partitioning structure on the disk, just reformat each partition, so I
use disk druid (which I detest - I prefer FDISK), and tell it to keep
the partitions, label them, and reformat them before installation. But
when the installation proceeds to copy the install image to the drive, I
constantly get the "Out of disk space" warning and the install crashes
miserably.

Any other ideas?
--
I found the problem here, it was the fact that the /boot partition was
only 23M and needed to be closer to 100M, once I corrected that, the

I thought about recreating the install disk to ensure it had the latest
kernel, as I am thinking the kernel currently installed doesn't have the
correct adaptec drivers.

Any thoughts?

Michael Weiner