Re: Samba Errors

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 15:01, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am So, den 18.04.2004 schrieb Patrick Nelson um 23:48:
>
> > OK looking at the domain controller... What am I looking for?  Is there
> > a domain group definition?  I can't seem to find it...
>
> You are the person who should know how you did set up your Samba server.
> How should I know?
>
> See
>
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=6684
>
> also
>
> http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/NT4Migration.html
>
> Check for group and user mappings. Ask yourself: am I sure I need a
> domain setup?

Hmm...  Yeah I did set it up and I didn't expect you to know how I did.
Looking over our posts I'm not sure how you got that impression.  It
sounded like you understood the changes between smb 2 and 3, and
therefore could give some guidance.
--snip---
> With other words I would say: for the group ID of the <snipped user>
no
> domain group exists.
>
> Redhat 9 came with Samba 2.2.x, so with Fedora Core 1 and Samba 3.x
> things changed a bit.
--snip---
I'll check out your links and see if I can find the answer there.  Yes I
need a domain.  Wish I didn't...