Re: nvidia driver works w/ new kernel and inittab 3, but not 5

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 09:17:04AM -0400, Clint Harshaw wrote:

> - nvidia driver works in 2179 when starting X immediately after
> compiling the driver following artoo's instructions exactly.
> - nvidia.o module for the 2179 kernel isn't available when I'm booting,
> thus the driver isn't starting when X starts, no matter whether I am in
> run level 3 or 5.

The compilation of the driver "insmods" the compiled module. It could be
that it's installing it in the wrong place. (Check the compile&install
output.)

On a related note, for the times when I replace my kernel I have some
commands in /etc/rc.d/rc.local that tries the insmod and compiles the
module if it failed. I'm not now at my personal PC, when I'll be, I'll
send the script.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha