Re: cdrecord / readcd problem

duncan brown wrote:
John Walsh said:

1) pure audio CD, paranoia on = OK

2) pure audio CD, paranoia off = bad

3,4) mixed audio/data CD, paranoia on/off = bad - it tries to read the
data  track first and fails,
and I think it used to work under RH9.

The only other thing is that the audio reading is very slow, reading at
1x.  I don't remember
it being super fast before, I thought it was faster, but it could just
be  the same speed.

Under RH9, I didn't use paranoia mode, but at least now I can read audio
CD's again.

so, it looks like you're just trying to rip an audio cd?  why not use
grip?    or sound juicer?  i have my own shell script that does quite a
bit of fun stuff at http://www.linuxadvocate.net/cd2ogg which does as it's
name says.  (version i'm working on now uses zenity under gnome, if you
want it)

-d

I didn't pay any attention to this thread until I tried to rip a CD this morning with grip and it more or less became stuck (very very very slow - grip displayed X0.0 for speed.) on the last three tracks. It turned out that there was a small scratch on the CD. It plays okay in a CD player.

The gnome-CD wouldn't play the last three tracks.

All other tracks worked okay.

Could it be a possible problem with the CD that is having problems in the computer?

--
Robin Laing