Re: Postfix on Fedora Core 1

Mike Rambour wrote:

While on this subject, I need to set up a system with postfix and some type of webmail (probably squirrelmail). What I need however is the ability to have 2 users with the same name so that means I have to use virtualdomains (I think it does) so I can have joe@domain and joe@domain2 go to different places. I am not sure where to look, been googling and browsing. Found a Webmin app that i can buy that may do the job, found a Squirrelmail plugin that allows domain names on e-mails but I dont know how to set up the Fedora part of virtualdomains.

I found some docs on virtualuser in sendmail and assume something similar in Postfix...would appreciate a direction to look. The users do not have to logins but some of them probably should. I would prefer to do it the hard way, that means no Webmin or like that since I find it easier to maintain if I know what I did to make it work in the first place, but I need to make it work so anyway I can will do.

Currently I have 3 machines, one for each domain and I know that is silly.

mike

Mike,
look in the docs dir of the postfix packages and also search on postfix.org.. They have plenty of documentation about postfix ... I've never used virtualhosts on postfix or sendmail , but it looks somewhat simple from the configurations I've seen on the postfix mailing list...
Also , I believe that this question maybe already answered in the documentation of postfix 2.1 , which Wietse is writing now and is available at the postfix site.. (if you dont find it , search on google for "preliminary postfix documentation")

--
Pedro Macedo