Re: Postfix on Fedora Core 1

At 04:19 PM 4/14/2004, you wrote:
On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 04:37, Lance.Spence@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Does anyone know of a complete HOWTO for setting up and configuring a
> Postfix mail server on Fedora Core 1? I have googled and looked at
> Postfix¢s site, but can¢t find anything that will take you from ground
> 0 to a complete working basic Postfix mail server.

Just install the Postfix rpm that's in FC1, run redhat-switch-mail and
you'll have a "working basic Postfix mail server". ;-)

While on this subject, I need to set up a system with postfix and some type of webmail (probably squirrelmail). What I need however is the ability to have 2 users with the same name so that means I have to use virtualdomains (I think it does) so I can have joe@domain and joe@domain2 go to different places. I am not sure where to look, been googling and browsing. Found a Webmin app that i can buy that may do the job, found a Squirrelmail plugin that allows domain names on e-mails but I dont know how to set up the Fedora part of virtualdomains.

I found some docs on virtualuser in sendmail and assume something similar in Postfix...would appreciate a direction to look. The users do not have to logins but some of them probably should. I would prefer to do it the hard way, that means no Webmin or like that since I find it easier to maintain if I know what I did to make it work in the first place, but I need to make it work so anyway I can will do.

 Currently I have 3 machines, one for each domain and I know that is silly.

        mike