Re: Time server...how to set it up on FC1?

At 22:32 4/12/2004, you wrote:
The new ntpdate will no longer make the brutal abrupt time adjustment
that some of us got to know and 'love'.  I am not sure which behavior
is in the FC1/2 ntp package at this time but the "time"s they be a changing
on this point.

Read all about it on the ntp home pages and in the Fedora archives.

Most interesting. The last thing I read on the subject was a huge diatribe on the evils of ntpdate. Didn't pay that much attention to it, since it was written by someone with a genuine interest in microsecond-level precision whereas 10 or 15 seconds (10,000,000 greater variation) is just fine by me. <grin> However, I did retain the understanding that ntpdate was going to be eliminated at some point, not rewritten.

Haven't had much time to STFW here, but can you point me to a URL or two?

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com