Re: Fedora installation stops during Upgrade and Installing

Jay wrote:

Thanks Daniel and Skirmitch Katafrakta for your input. I have tried installing more than 3 times and it hangs up at different times. Another questions is; if my HD is bad why can I install RH 9 with no problem but not Fedora? Any more feed back?
James

On Thursday 19 February 2004 02:34 pm, Skirmitch Katafrakta wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "James" <masagin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:20:53 -0500
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fedora installation stops during Upgrade and Installing

I have a Compaq 4532 which has a 20GB dual boot HD with W98SE, which
works fine using RH9.0. I am attempting to install Fedora i386 but the
program stops and it will not resume when rebooting with the Fedora CD. According to RH 9.0 my computer is i586 (?) , would this matter? I have
reinstalled RH9.0 and tried using the upgrade method to no avail. Any
suggestions? Thanks in advance! James

Its not a processor problem couse i have an i686 and i dont have any
problems. I have dual boot too but with XP so thats not the problem. The
only one problem that would be (i dont find an other one) is that your cd
is damaged or u HD is damaged

I just had a similar problem. (I did some tweaking in the BIOS and it installed OK)