Re: Fedora installation stops during Upgrade and Installing

Jay wrote:
Thanks Daniel and Skirmitch Katafrakta for your input. I have tried installing more than 3 times and it hangs up at different times. Another questions is; if my HD is bad why can I install RH 9 with no problem but not Fedora? Any more feed back?

Is it hanging while installing various packages? If so, try the install again, but do NOT use disk druid's default ext3 filesystems. Try it with ext2 filesystems and see if that does it. Many systems have had problems with ext3 and the installer kernel (going back to the RH7.3 days). The problem seems to only occur with the installer kernel.

If that works, you can convert the ext2 filesystems to ext3 by following
the instructions at:

	http://www.rhil.net/docs/ext2-to-ext3.html

Just a thought.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-            "You think that's tough?  Try herding cats!"            -