Re: Micro$oft $uck$

At 12:59 2/19/2004, you wrote:
I just installed Linux and I am on it and it doesn't seem that hard at
all if you ask me.I'm so happy that it even comes with a spell check on
evolution!

Welcome home. <smile>

Please post any questions or problems you may have to this list so we can try to help you. Some suggestions for better results:

1. Always search the list archives and Google for answers before you post. It's a faster way to get answers (likely someone else already asked a similar question and got an answer), and it saves others on the list from answering the same question 100 times. To find the list archives, click on the link that says "to unsubscribe" at the bottom of each message on the list. On that page is a link to the archives as well.

2. When responding to a message, try to delete any part of the previous messages that are not strictly necessary for your message to make sense. Sometimes you keep a lot, sometimes just one or two lines (see above). But try not to leave the whole of the previous message there... remember that 4,000 people get this list and that's a lot of wasted time and space.

3. It makes it easier for people to follow a conversation if the text is always in order, top-to-bottom. So try to answer and comment on things *below* the earlier message. Leaving the old message at the bottom and answering at the very top is called "top-posting." While comfortable and useful in one-on-one conversations, it's not practical for newsgroups and mailing lists and most people on this list get very irritated by it.

4. Give lots of detail when describing a problem. Tell us what you've tried, what you haven't tried, what works or doesn't. Give specific, exact error messages if possible. Remember we cannot see your screen and guessing makes things very difficult.

Good luck on everything!

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com