Network Problems

I have just recently set-up Fedora on a computer of mine and I have had no prior experience with Linux.  During set-up I enabled the firewall.  After the set-up everything ran fine.  I got everything in working order except the network connection.  I have no idea how to connect.  It keeps giving me the error message “Static routes file eth0 is invalid”  What do I do to solve this problem and access the internet???  Furthermore, how can I configure the firewall?  Thank you.

Dave