Re: Suggestions for improving the fedora-list webpage

BFD wrote:

I'd like to submit a couple of ideas for the Fedora-list web page and FAQ based upon recurring questions posted to the list

From the rather heated discussion today and in the past on problems with up2date it occurs to me that this problem has been asked enough that it should be addressed in the Fedora FAQ. I usggest that a link to the article by Dollaz at http://fedoranews.org/contributors/alexander_dalloz/mirror/
should be incorporated into the FAQ.

Additionally, discussion of the problem and its solution should be incorporated into the README file on the next release the Fedora CD isos. A reference to the FAQ and the fedora-list page in the README file might also be useful.

This problem will be solved on FC2 . The current development package of up2date downloads a list of mirrors from the official server and selects one of this mirrors to download the headers and packages.

Pedro Macedo