Re: System lockup with SMP Kernel.

Bob Jones wrote:

I'm willing to bet a part of your particular hangs - the one sometimes caused by cron in smp machines at night - is caused by the symbolically linked file 00-logwatch, or rather, how the shells are implemented in smp computers for that particular package (logwatch-4.3.2-2.1) cron job. I didn't look to see which "group" of packages it comes with, probably Developer or System Tools. It wouldn't be in a minimal install.

Hi Bob,

My minimum install that does not lockup over night and is running the SMP kernel does have logwatch installed and it is symlinked as the default install sets it up.. So I am afraid this does not look like it is what is causing the system lockup on SMP systems..

later..