Re: mplayer vs. xine

I'm an Mplayer fan myself, though I must admit that I've never tried Xine.  I've also never been overly impressed by the GUI mode for Mplayer.  It doesn't work well with my window manager.  Of course, I use an odd-ball wm (pwm), so that's not suprising.
Anyhow, Xine is probably a lot less picky about who it will be friendly with than Mplayer.  But Mplayer will play just about any video file you can throw at it.

I have had very little trouble installing Mplayer in the past, but I have yet to try it on Fedora.  Its in the queue of stuff I want to get to, but it may have to wait until after Core 2 is installed.

Mitch