Re: anyone familiar with k3b in Fedora?

Dave Stevens wrote:

I have a Lite-on DVDRW LDW 411S CD and DVD burner and could not find a working CD burner in the default set of FC1 packages. I am trying to use k3b. The user interface is very nice, but for some perverse reason it doesn't actually write anything on the CD. I am trying to make a copy of some music and have tried burning an audio cd from ripped mp3s and no joy.

ideas?

Dave
To use K3b, you first have to run k3bsetup utility as root to configure it. I didn't have to change anything from my default install of fedora, other than run k3bsetup.

open a shell, then su to root, then run open the setup util:
$ su
# kcmshell k3bsetup2

When this opens, verify your drive is listed, and hit ok.
This fixed all problems I had with k3b.

Not sure about the mp3 thing...
I suggest making sure that lame and xmms-mp3 are installed.. other than that, you should be ok. (If it fails to install by simply "yum install lame xmms-mp3" as root, then check out http://rpm.livna.org/ for more info.

HTH,
John