Re: sending mail wiht sendmail and Mozilla

At 12:31 1/19/2004, you wrote:
> Read the Sendmail SMTP AUTH HOWTO at:
>
> http://www.simpaticus.com/linux
>
> For Fedora, when you are editing sendmail.mc, remember to to change the "A
> p" in confAUTH_OPTIONS to just "A" (that is, remove the "p"). I have not
> had time to make this change in the actual HOWTO.

May I ask for what reason you recommend to allow unencrypted plain
authentication? You should better explain how to enable STARTTLS to
secure PLAIN/LOGIN mechanisms.

Yes, that would be better. However, I did not /know how/ to do that when I wrote and last updated the HOWTO. Several people have been kind enough to send me material on this issue, and I hope to find the time soon to play, test, and learn the material so I can update the HOWTO. The /only/ reason this has not yet been done is lack of time on my part.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com