Re: Mozilla upgrade problem

jeff lee wrote:
Neil B. Cohen wrote:

 >Color me dense, but I'm missing something - maybe someone can point me
 >in the right direction. I decided to install Mozilla 1.6. The
 >documentation says to remove earlier versions - I have 1.5 installed
 >with a set of RPM files from FC1. But I can't remove those RPMS - there
 >are dependencies on open-office, gaim etc.

If you are using the 1.6 rpms provided from the repositories, you should have only one version installed. I have mozilla-1.6-0 installed and it does not have any trails from version 1.5.

If you install a version throught scripts (mozilla-installer) the versions won't conflict with each other, if ran one at a time. They are located in different locations.

I usually run netscape 7.1 and mozilla scripted programs when mozilla provided by fedora is lower and leave in the older rpms for programs that rely on the older version.

Jim