Re: Mounting digital camera, /etc/fstab joke ?

I've seen it work this way on another distro that used KDE. When I plugged in a camera or USB drive an icon would pop up on the desktop as well as under the "My Computer" icon.

You would right click on the icon and choose unmount to remove it.

That's the way it should work for most people.

Any idea how to do that with GNOME?

Alexandre Strube wrote:
Which would be ideal. Imagine a windoze user plugging its camera on
first time he/she uses fedora, and it appears automatically on his/her
desktop? Would be more practical than xp, where sometimes you have to
crawl through "my computer"...

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg@xxxxxxxxx                             http://www.drivingevents.com/