Re: pam config

Adam Kosmin wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at my pam configuration and noticed something odd in
/etc/pam.d/other

Each line contains a reference to a path that does not exist. For
example:

auth	required	/lib/security/$ISA/pam_deny.so

My filesystem does not contain a directory path of /lib/security/$ISA so
I can't help but become curious.

I am not entirely sure, but this is a variable that may be set for different paths to the pam modules. Maybe for different archs ? ie 32 and 64 bit varieties of pam modules.

I googled and found a reference and it seems the $ISA is for this purpose...

Cheers,
Michael