Re: Helix Player

Kreg Steppe wrote:

I got [Helix Player] installed without any problem, also using Thomas's tutorial.
I only have that same error ("Unexpected error code (0x800400C9)") if I try to open a ram file by clicking on it... if I open helix and open the file through the program (file->open) it works as advertised.

Yes, it sounds like this is a known bug as Clifford Snow pointed out. Unfortunately NPR uses a JavaScript app to generate its Real links, and the only effect on Mozilla is to write a .smil file into /tmp. I can manually run HelixPlayer by extracting the link from this file.

Time to write a small helper app to extract the link and run Helix automatically.