Re: saslauthd not working

Hello Denis,

> Yikes.  That was enough to lose my nerve -- I have sendmail up with AUTH
> working easily enough:
> http://www.simpaticus.com/linux/sendmail-smtp-auth-howto.php

Just a question: Against what do you want to authenticate? The local user
database? Or a different database specifically for mail users? In the
latter case you could use sasldb2, in which case you do not need saslauthd.

I recently configured this on SUSE, but I am not sure if the Fedora rpm's
(postfix and cyrus-saslare functionaly the same. Assuming they are these
are the relevant postfix configuration options:

# smtpd_sasl_auth_enable also necessary for sasldb2
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
# Use smtpd_sasl_local_domain as the domain for users in the sasldb2
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
# For Outlook Express 4 and Exchange 5
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, \
permit_sasl_authenticated, check_relay_domains
# smtp options are for outgoing connections
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtp_sasl_password_maps =
smtp_sasl_security_options =

Bye,