Re: was unsubscibe, now development 2.6 kernel

Alexandre Strube wrote:

Are you sure it's just your 6 in 1 or the whole usb stuff? I have a
ov511 (creative webcam3) camera, which has a led turned on when usb is
working. Kernel 2.6 won't light it up. My olympus camera does not work
also. Well, nothing usb works here :-)

As I'm already using ALSA for 2.4, sound works ok for 2.6.

From my personal tests with kernel 2.6 , usb isnt loaded at system startup. You have to do a modprobe usbcore to get it to work.
Looks like one of the changes in the kernel structure makes the init script fail in the part where usb support is loaded. Maybe hacking the initscript will make this work (or adding a modprobe usbcore to rc.sysinit can make it work , while we wait for FC2).

Pedro Macedo