Re: up2date is *horrid*

Timothy Murphy wrote:

On Thursday 08 January 2004 05:57, Philip Wyett wrote:

While the editing of '/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources' and using a mirror is
the correct way currently to avoid the high load on Red Hat servers - It
is far from ideal. As a desktop OS looking to gain new users, we really
need local mirror selection via drop-down menu (or whatever) as part of
the update application. Could be time for an RFE. :)

I'm not sure if this is what you are suggesting, but I certainly don't want to go through the rigmarole of choosing a mirror every time I run up2date.

I understand what he wants.. Maybe a drop-down list in the configuration part of up2date... Then it would save your choices in the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.. Just a GUI to make things easier to new users.... And you wouldnt need to chose the mirror every time...

Pedro Macedo