Re: Show Details on Bootup

Fritz Whittington wrote:
Agreed. Hopefully, he will respond. [Except that in my case, the "show details" in rhgb is *more* ugly, not less :-) ]

Actually, I kind of like rhgb, with the details hidden or not. I think it's slick. And I think that rhgb is one of the things that linux really needs to make inroads on the desktop. The kernel's boot procedure needs an option to disable all normal output (ie, only print anything if it's an error, otherwise be quiet -- much like how rhgb shows no details at first but will automatically go into detailed mode if one of the bootscripts fails). Then the linux boot procedure will basically have no confusing text scrolling all over the place, it would all be very slick and professional, and more "computer-illiterate" type people will be able to use linux (compare with the WinXP bootup procedure).