Re: [Announce] [patch] Modular Scheduler Core and Completely Fair Scheduler [CFS]

William Lee Irwin III wrote:
Peter Williams wrote:
William Lee Irwin III wrote:
I was tempted to restart from scratch given Ingo's comments, but I
reconsidered and I'll be working with your code (and the German
students' as well). If everything has to change, so be it, but it'll
still be a derived work. It would be ignoring precedent and failure to
properly attribute if I did otherwise.
I can give you a patch (or set of patches) against the latest git vanilla kernel version if that would help. There have been changes to the vanilla scheduler code since 2.6.20 so the latest patch on sourceforge won't apply cleanly. I've found that implementing this as a series of patches rather than one big patch makes it easier fro me to cope with changes to the underlying code.