Re: sonypc with Sony Vaio VGN-SZ1VP

Hi,

 I own a Sony Vaio VGN-SZ340 and I had problems regarding acpi + it's
dual core processor. The guys from Intel gave me a workaround and now
it recognises both cores.

 The problem is that it does not do cpu frequency scaling for both
cores, just for cpu0...And when I boot with acpi the Nvidia graphic
card doesnt work also.

 I don't know if you know about these problems regarding sony acpi.
The guys from Intel said that this notebook have 2 dst's. So to detect
both cores the workaround just uses the second dst (although frequency
scaling does work for both.)

 I can help you to fix this bug...I have the machine where we can do
some tests..

Best regards,

On 1/4/07, Andrew Morton <[email protected]> wrote:
On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 00:36:23 +0100
Stelian Pop <[email protected]> wrote:

> Added acpi_bus_generate event for forwarding Fn-keys pressed to acpi subsystem,
> and made correspondent necessary changes for this to work.

neato.

err, how does one use this?