Re: Problems after upgrading to F14

On Wednesday 30 March 2011 06:27:41 JD wrote:
> Well, I had no such problems in fc13. How come that interplay
> did not cause conflicts in fc13?

Because the repositories that you now using are from f14.

There could be several reason for the problems you see. One example, imagine
that a package has been discontinued in f14. If you have that file installed
from f13 yum will refuse to remove it, unless you tell it otherwise. The
problem with this package is that it could drag the update process due its
dependencies not being fulfilled in f14.

In order to fix issues like this you can search for this information that is
usually available either in the release notes or in the fedora wiki.

> And yes, --skip-broken does work as far as installing things
> that have no conflicts.
> But the conflicts remain and every time I run yum to
> install or update something, it belches out the report
> about broken packages.

When running yum with --skip-broken it prints a nice list of conflits and the
related reason why it has failed. Walktrough those and fix the dependencies as
apropriate.

--
José Abílio