Re: X server in F14 horribly slow

On 03/29/2011 06:28 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 03/29/2011 05:08 PM, JD wrote:
>> Can this be attributed to Gnome or to the X server
>> or to the ATI Radeon driver?
> I'm using F 14 and Gnome and see no problems even though my mobo's maxed
> out at 1G RAM.  Probably the driver.
Well, it is taking up to 3.5 seconds for the windows
in a workspace to get populated and fully visible
when I switch to that workspace.
It used to be almost instantaneous in F13.
I have 2GB ram, and 12 GB swap space, but
very few apps running. Most of the time I have
6 workspaces, each with a separate FireFox window,
and up to 4 4 workspaces, each with a gnome terminal.
and 1 workspace with Thunderbird.
Hardly any space is used in swap. To wit:

# swapon -s
Filename                Type        Size    Used    Priority
/dev/sda3            partition    4200992   17540     -1
/dev/sdb2            partition    8385924    0        -2