Re: Getting command line to do 'modprobe' on Fedora install

Aaron Gray on 03/29/2011 02:23 PM wrote:
> FC4 was working. post FC4 is not.
>

> FC4 was 2.6.11, looks like it may have been jettisoned later.

Kernel drivers come and go. Sometimes they are completely rewritten (and
renamed). Unfortunately for you it seems support for your card is gone
completely.

If you wish to use a newer Fedora release it will involve chasing down
someone to help you. I'm not a kernel developer so I can only show you
the way. You should start by getting your PCI ID of your card and
posting your findings to the kernel[1] list.

> Right. How does the HW detection work now ?

Mainly off of PCI ID.