Re: Having trouble connecting to google and youtube -SOLVED

On 03/23/2011 08:08 PM, edik landave wrote:
> Before what JB said:
>
> iptables -F
>
> and test. If it works then you know is one of your rules.
> You didn't say what error "connecting" you have specifically. Can you
> see the site and are unable to play the movies? If so install flash.
> Just install the rpm from the Adobe site. If you just can't get to
> those sites then follow JB's advice.
>> Do you have a dns cache server ?
>> if yes, clear the cache.
>>
>> dig fqdn
>> dig ipaddr
>>
>> Do you have IPv6 enabled ?
>> Try to disable it and see.
>>
>> Firefox:
>> about:config --------->  ipv6
>> add-on/extension blocking some traffic type, websites ?
>> network config - proxy config
>>
>> Do you have external (to Firefox) proxies, filters (squid, privoxy, etc)
>>
>> JB
>>

>> --

Problem has been solved - by google (which also owns youtube)
On the lan are 3 machines: My Fedora, 1 Win XP,  1 Win 7.
Google popped a banner telling me that our public IP address was
the source of many illegal packets, and that is why packets from
our public IP address were being dropped by google. I still have
not been able to identify which of the machines is guilty.
I have cleaned all 3 machines as far as viruses and trojans are
concerned. But google has unblocked our IP address and all is well
now - perhaps the virus was caught and removed after all.