Re: [OT Humor] "Obviously designed by morons"

john wendel wrote:
> I thought you guys might get a chuckle from this,
>
> My wife just got a shiny new HP laptop with Windows 7 installed. She has
> never used Windows before, having mainly used Gnome on Fedora boxes.
> After a week of struggling, she just asked me to wipe Windows and
> install Fedora so she can get some work done without fighting the
> desktop. This is when she proclaimed that W7 was, "obviously designed by
> morons".

I like Win7 better than GNOME-3, if you want an example of "damned by faint praise."

> I guess it depends on what you're familiar with. I personally thought W7
> looked very polished. I suspect it could probably be tweaked to work
> like Gnome, but why bother.

I assume you mean GNOME-2, hopefully someone will release a GNOME-2 spin for
FC15 when it comes out. If it can happen fo XFCE it can happen for GNOME.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>