(OT) Re: Direction of Fedora desktop manager Gnome, related to complaints in OT morons thread

> I imagine that during the unifications of Germany and Italy

Hardly. Italian is a maze of semi compatible languages joined by a sort
of subset suitable for use wherever[1]. German dialects also vary widely.
I'm not sure if it is still going but there was even a KDE project to
support some German dialect forms.

The country that actively went stomping other it's other languages in
Europe (and still to a large extent does - ask a Breton speaker) is France
where the language identity is part of the constitution. Have a read on a
history of France and its (once numerous) languages.

(and for anyone who doesn't drink and wants to know what the morning
after a very good night feels like can I suggest an all day lesson on
Finnish grammar 8) )

As far as the British coming - if you want to hear well formed properly
used examples of English grammar including forms the Brits get wrong all
the time - try India.

Alan
[1] Arguably English is the same - ask anyone who has met Glaswegian,
Geordie, a good solid Yorkshire accent, or many of the other Scots and
Irish dialects.