Re: VirtualBox multi cpu

--- On Tue, 3/22/11, Luc MAIGNAN <luc.maignan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use VirtualBox on a RHEL5 with 24 cores (6 x4-cores
> processors).
> But it seems like only one or two processors are used. How
> can I
> configure VirtualBox and/or my virtual machine to allow it
> to use all
> processors ?

Does this not work:  Start the VirtualBox interface, choose the virtual machine you want to work on, but don't start it; click on System in the Details list, choose Processor, set Processor(s) slider up to the number of virtual CPUs you want to use.

>From the VirtualBox v. 3.1.6 manual:

3.4.2 “Processor” tab

   On the “Processor” tab, you can set how many virtual CPU cores the guest operating systems should see. Starting with version 3.0, VirtualBox supports symmetrical multi-processing (SMP) and can present up to 32 virtual CPU cores to each virtual machine.
  You should not, however, configure virtual machines to use more CPU cores than you have available physically.