Re: Anti-Evolution rant.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 22:42, Dario Lesca <d.lesca@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Il giorno dom, 20/03/2011 alle 14.36 -0400, Genes MailLists ha scritto:
>> have you tried google calendar
>
> wow! a new apps open source?
> An apps witch I can install on my server?
>
> Show me where I can download the source an I install on my server an use
> it.
>
> Thanks

I also moved to Google Calendar after getting fed up with the KDE PIM
suite (and filing tens of bugs on it). It is not open source, and you
can't install it on your server. That said, you can:
1) Back up all your data in csv or *cal files.
2) Sync with open-source applications such as KDE PIM, Lightning and
possibly Evolution.
3) Sync with almost any cellphone (specifically my Symbian-powered N86).
4) Access the data from any internet-connected web browser.

I fail to see the downside in it not being open source seeing how the
data can be exported.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il