Re: Memtest mystery

On 03/19/2011 05:00 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Very odd, in general the "correct" places allow two bank operation, which speeds
> operation by some "measurable but not noticeable" bit. Unusual, but I don't
> doubt you, some vendor may have cut the odd corner.

You are talking about "Dual Channel" memory access which accesses memory
in chunks twice as wide as when in single channel mode (sometimes
referred to as "interleaved").  If your application uses memory very
heavily, then it should be *very* noticeable. If not, or if the
application is able to live inside the CPU's L1 or L2 cache buffers,
then maybe not so much.  As with all memory problems, YMMV, depending on
what you do.  B^)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxxxxxx