Re: (unknown)

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 6:36 AM, JB <jb.1234abcd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> xinyou yan <yxy.716 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> I have a freebsd system.
>> In my computer   /dev/sda10 is a freebsd slice.
>>
>> I use mount -t ufs /dev/sda10 /tmp
>> It fail.
>
> Are you sure about that device name /dev/sda10 ?
> This is a FreeBSD Handbook.
> 18.2 Device Names
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/disks-naming.html

To JB: Those device names are valid when booted from a BSD kernel not
a Linux one.

To OP: (You can check that Fedora is recognizing the FreeBSD disk with
"dmesg | grep bsd" but it should be detected by default)

I've never mounted a FreeBSD slice that was on a partition of a Linux
disk so I'm not sure how that'll work.

With a separate disk with one ufs partition and a few slices, display
the ufs slices on Fedora with
fdisk /dev/sda

The ufs partition will be sda1 and slice a will be sda5, slice b will
be sda6, etc.

You then have to pass the options below when mounting (for slice a)
mount -t ufs -o ro,ufstype=ufs2 /dev/sda5 /path/to/mount/point