Re: yum error

> On 03/16/2011 05:29 PM, jeff@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Running F14 and when I issue the command "sudo yum check-update" I will
>> often but not always get the following in response:
>>
>> $sudo yum check-update
>> Loaded plugins: downloadonly, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
>> Adding en_US to language list
>> Could not get metalink
>> https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-released-f14&arch=x86_64
>> error was
>> 14: PYCURL ERROR 6 - ""
>>
>> Any thoughts?  I quick search showed the same error with the debug repo
>> but this is obviously not the debug repository.
>>
>> Thanks, Jeff
>>

> Same URL is working fine here with curl. I think PYCURL ERROR 6 is:
>
>        6      Couldn?t resolve host. The given remote host was not
> resolved.
>
> So probably worth checking DNS is working on the box.
>
> Regards,
> Bryn.

DNS is verified working, however dig reported that it took 4703ms to
resolve, which is a little excessive and maybe the cause of the problem.

I wonder if I'm trying to resolve fedoraproject.org via the IPv6 address
for ns02.fedoraproject.org at 2610:28:1000:1401:216:3eff:fe1f:6b93 and
waiting for that to timeout.  For example dig to www.google.com resolves
in 87 ms.

I guess I should shut off IPv6 since I'm not using it on this host (yet)

Jeff